Pakatan Harapan (PH) Chairman Dr Mahathir Mohamad called on Najib Razak to withdraw his statement saying “the US enemy is the enemy of Malaysia” during a prime minister’s visit to the country in September. – pic The Malaysian Insight
Dr Mahathir said this was because the United States regarded Palestine as an enemy!
1. Opposition parties can only demonstrate. But Governments can act meaningfully.
2. Umno’s demo together with Pas can only be meaningful if it results in the BN Government acting against Donald Trump and the United States.
3. We call upon the Umno-led Government to follow Turkey in setting up a Malaysian consulate accredited to the Government of Palestine in Jerusalem, its capital.
4. We call upon the Malaysian Government to vote in favour of a draft resolution condemning the US decision to recognise Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
5. We, the Opposition call upon Najib to rescind his words to Donald Trump during his visit to see the President of the U.S. that “the enemies of the United States are also the enemies of Malaysia”.
6. The U.S. regards Palestine as an enemy of the United States. Malaysia must assure the world that Palestine is not our enemy, that we are in favour of Jerusalem as the capital of Palestine.